IB — General Information
School Mission Statement
We strive to prepare all students to become life-long learners and responsible citizens both locally and globally ready to meet the challenges of the future. In partnership with families and community, our goal is to create relevant learning opportunities for students — both inside and outside the classroom — that help them develop the knowledge, critical thinking skills and character necessary to succeed in a technologically advanced world.
International Baccalaureate — The IB International Baccalaureate offers significant benefits to schools and students
IB WORLD SCHOOLS gain access to:
- high quality educational programmes that support the development of well-rounded learners who ask a lot of questions because they want to know a lot and are explorative,
- professional development that supports effective educators and collaborative professional learning communities,
- a global network of highly respected IB world schools that work together to share best practice.
Only an authorized IB World School can offer multiple IB programs.
Students at International Baccalaureate IB World Schools have a unique, challenging and diverse education.
- are encouraged to think critically and solve complex problems,
- manage their own learning,
- play a vital role in educational programs that can lead them to some of the highest ranked universities around the world,
- are culturally aware through the development of a second foreign language,
- are able to communicate with people in an increasingly globalized and rapidly changing world.
IB students often perform better than students in national education programmes.
Students in IB programs develop strong academic, social and emotional characteristics. They are also likely to perform well academically — often better than students in other programmes of study.
Stimulating professional development
IB offers extensive professional development for IB World Schools staff. IB World Schools work within a global community that creates frequent opportunities to learn together and collaborate with others.
The IB International Baccalaureate offers many advantages for teachers.
IB teachers have access to:
- high-quality professional development that fosters critical thinking, self-reflection and a commitment to lifelong learning and continuous improvement,
- innovative and diverse learning frameworks, unit plans, learning resources and assessment tools,
- certificate and degree programmes offered by highly respected universities around the world,
- a pedagogy that is known to produce students who are motivated to continue their research and lifelong learning after leaving school.
Access to high-quality professional development for teachers
IB considers teachers to be fundamental to the success of the school and part of the professional learning community. It offers extensive professional development to support them, including professional development workshops and a variety of regional events. Our IB teachers gain university-recognised qualifications at these seminars.
IB works with prestigious universities and institutions around the world to offer IB Certificates for Educators in Teaching and Learning and IB Certificates in Leadership.
Our IB teachers can obtain the following certificates:
- Certifikát v oblasti vyučovania a učenia sa
- Pokročilý certifikát v oblasti výskumu vyučovania a učenia sa
- Certifikát v oblasti vodcovskej praxe
- Pokročilý certifikát v oblasti výskumu vedenia